The British System2019-05-07T15:04:18+02:00

The British System

The British National Curriculum provides the child with a structured, supportive and balanced platform on which to develop their learning and the skills essential for life. It harnesses the child’s natural curiosity and this search for knowledge is met as they learn to find answers to their questions. For students to construct knowledge, they need the opportunity to discover for themselves and practice skills in authentic situations. This curriculum provides students with access to hands-on activities and allows adequate time and space to use materials that reinforce the lesson being studied creating an opportunity for individual discovery and construction of knowledge to occur.

Helping students to develop a deep love and respect for themselves, others, and their environment occurs through an open sharing of ideas and a judicious approach to discipline. When the voice of each student is heard, an environment evolves where students feel free to express themselves. We believe children have greater respect for their teachers, their peers, and the lessons presented when they feel safe and sure of what is expected of them. In setting fair and consistent rules initially and stating the importance of every activity, students are shown respect for their presence and time. In turn they learn to respect themselves, others, and their environment.

  • At Sage College – The British School of Jerez we follow the British National Curriculum (B.N.C.), with the appropriate adjustment to the needs and characteristics of a British education institution in Spain.
  • 80% of the subjects belong to the B.N.C. and are entirely taught in English. The other 20% belong to the Spanish Curriculum and are meant to reinforce the Spanish culture and language.
  • When they finish school, our students ́ qualifications are recognised by both the Spanish and by the British education authorities.
  • The British Compulsory Education begins at the age of 5 whereas the Spanish goes from 6 to 16, which gives a total of 11 years of schooling.
  • At the end of the Secondary Compulsory Education (Year 11), students take the Cambridge external exams named I.G.C.S.E. (International General Certificate of Secondary School). After obtaining I.G.C.S.E., students may enter the Upper Secondary School (Bachillerato in Spanish).
  • At the end of this period, they may take the Cambridge A-level exams, which will also allow them to enter directly into universities all over the world.
  • When a student moves from a Spanish to a British school, he or she enters the same year-group according to the British system, which is one number higher than the Spanish numbering system.

Contact us

  • In accordance with the new European Data Protection Regulation 679/2016 of 26 May 2016, the customer/user is informed of and agrees to the processing of his/her data for which SAGE COLLEGE is responsible in order to inform him/her of the products and services requested and the sending of commercial material relating to them. You are also informed of the possibility of exercising your rights of transparency, access, rectification, information, deletion, restriction on processing, portability and opposition concerning your data at the registered address of SAGE COLLEGE located at CALLE ALEMANIA Nº2 - 11408 JEREZ DE LA FRONTERA (CÁDIZ-ESPAÑA). You are also informed that the personal data supplied will not be assigned to or communication to third parties, including for storage purposes.
Escudo SageCollege
Inglés Español